Wednesday, November 24, 2010

15 Things I am Eternally Thankful For.

On the eve of this Thanksgiving, I am sitting here putting off my graduate assignment for as long as possible, and in doing so I began to think of all the things that I am thankful for. In a world where more is always better, and we can never have enough, it's easy to forget all the amazing gifts we have right in front of us. I joke around a lot, but every so often I do like to be serious.

This won't be a serious time, but I thought you might like to know it's not always fun and games. Just most of the time. Okay, here we go.

1. I am thankful that I have a husband who has loved me unconditionally for the last eight and a half years, especially when I gained 50 plus pounds with each pregnancy. I am also thankful that he understands my humor, and doesn't take offense, and knows that I only have eyes for him. And maybe Mark Sanchez.

2. I am thankful for three healthy, beautiful children, that I have been able to stay home with since first giving birth. I am also thankful they have always gone to bed at a decent time, so that I can have mommy time at night with the activities of my choosing. See 9.

3. I am thankful for stretch leggings.

4. I am thankful my husband survived the war and came home in one piece. And I am thankful for the men and women who serve our country, putting their lives on the line for our freedom.

5. I am thankful for lazy rainy afternoons, watching movies with my favorite little monkeys, drinking hot coffee with hazelnut coffee cream.

6. I am thankful for chocolate. Very thankful. 50 pounds each pregnancy thankful.

7. I am thankful for my wonderful parents. I think they were a little worried during my teen years, but I turned out alright. I guess. I hope. Anyway.

8. I am thankful that I didn't break my neck when attempting to show my daughter how to do a cart wheel tonight. Apparently, mommy don't still got it.

9. I am thankful we no longer live in the prohibition.

10. I am thankful Prince William found himself a nice young girl. There was a time (last week) I wish it would have been me, but I'm happy for him nonetheless. Kind of. Not really.

11. I am thankful for my amazing family, it's a big one, and seeing them all on a regular basis is difficult, but I know how fortunate I am to have such wonderful people in my life. I am also thankful for all of my wonderful, true friends.

12. I am thankful Micah is such an amazing dad. This whole parenting thing is not for the faint of heart, and I am so blessed to have a wonderful role model for my kids.

13. I am thankful I have a roof over my head (a little leaky, but hey, it's a roof) food on the table, and clothes on my back.

14. I am thankful they make bras that hold these suckers up. Nobody wants these bad boys pointing due south. I mean really.

15. I am thankful I serve an awesome God, who has enough grace to cover all my sins, and continues to love me and answer my prayers.

I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving and feel as blessed and loved as I do.

And may you not split your pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?