Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Mighty Eventful Day

Well.... we purchased two Nigerian Dwarf goats last night. We have never had goats before, and we weren't entirely sure what to expect. They are understandably shy and timid around us due to their new digs, but my four year old daughter was able to get the baby goat to eat from her hand, so I call that a success. For some reason after this small success, my husband and I thought it would be a good idea to introduce the dogs to the goats??? Not sure what we were thinking, but we brought the goats out of their pen and brought the dogs out, and whoosh, there went the baby goat across the field. Micah ran in the house and got a dog leash, I ran to the four wheeler. I noticed while I was running that I could feel my belly jiggle.

I made a mental note to lose thirty pounds.

The riding lawn mower was blocking the four wheeler, and I couldn't find the key, so I had to push it out myself. As I was dripping with sweat, I made another mental note to gain more muscle mass.

Luckily before I passed out, I saw Micah walking towards me with the goat in hand. Whew.

Okay, so the dogs and the goats don't need to meet just yet.

We went to the tractor supply today and purchased a goat feeder, and decided before we called it a night this evening we would hang it up for the goats. It was getting dark and we were both frustrated because Micah's drill didn't seem to be cooperating. He had asked me to push against the board on the other side of the wall from him to try and get the screw to go in better. I was pushing it up against the wall as hard as I could and Micah began drilling.... into my thumb!!!!

I dropped the goat feeder, ran inside (taking my boots off first though because I had just cleaned the floor) and Micah ran inside after me to see if I was okay. Here is what followed:

Me: Micah, you drilled a screw through my thumb!!!

Bloods falls from thumb onto clean floor.

Me: Micah, you are wearing your boots inside?! I just sweeped the floor!

Micah: You just swept the floor.

Me. What?

Micah: You said sweeped, but you just 'swept' the floor.

I will not write what words came out of my mouth next, but it may have had something to do with kissing a certain body part where poo poo leaves the body.

I know, very unlady like. I'm sorry. But my thumb hurt. My thumb still hurts.

Today didn't go as smoothly as I had planned, but Micah did eventually get the feeder hung, and he was able to retrieve the lost goat. I can't wait to see what's in store for us tomorrow, but these girls are worth it though, look how sweet they are.



If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sleep in the fetal position with my thumb in my mouth. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?