Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Little Man is 6!

My oldest baby is 6 today! I can't believe it. It seems like I was just cradling him in my arms and rocking him to sleep at night. And now he's in Kindergarten, and riding a dirt bike, and playing with a sling shot, and writing and reading all by himself. When did he go and grow up on me?

Oiy.

Okay, moving forward, we had a few neighbors over this weekend to celebrate and eat cake and ice cream, but I'd thought we'd have one more celebration tonight for his real birthday. He requested pancakes, and luckily I have a great recipe for sour cream pancakes that I found in a cookbook my huth-band bought for me a few months ago. They are incredible and so easy and soooo moist. The only problem is, the recipe calls for two eggs, and if you read yesterday's post you'd know that I'm fresh out of eggs. I thought I'd check the coop just in case the good Lord would have mercy, and lo and behold.... we had two eggs!




I had a happy birthday boy (and apparently grumpy sister?).

I am so grateful for these two wonderful gifts that allowed me to make yummy, fresh pancakes (as opposed to the yucky box stuff), and so, in their honor... fun egg facts. Here you go.

*A whole egg is about 3 tablespoons worth of liquid, the egg yolk measures about 1 tablespoon of liquid.

*There are about 70 calories in an uncooked egg and 77 calories in a cooked egg.

* A hen can lay about 250 eggs per year.

*The are some 150 chicken species and hundreds of chicken breeds.

 
* To produce a dozen eggs, a hen has to eat about four pounds of feed.
 
*A chicken with red earlobes will produce brown eggs, and a chicken with white earlobes will produce white eggs.
 

1 comment:

  1. I want the pancake recipe I make average pancakes. I would like to make yummy ones.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?