Friday, January 28, 2011

Randomness

Total random post about nothing and everything over the last few days.



First, I am soooo proud of my little man, he moved up in karate to the next belt! Yay! He is the cutest. He had to spar with another kid about a foot taller than him, and my little man did really well, and got his gold belt. Woot woot!




Moving on, yesterday my huth-band put up a swing set for the kiddies. My daughter is obsessed  with swinging. She will swing for hours on end with her blond hair flapping in the breeze, and oh my, it's the cutest.

And can I say that I am so thankful for a man who can literally build and fix anything. He has saved us a lot of money over the years building things himself, and fixing items that the kids *ahem* I break. Thanks Micah! (I am also buttering him up because I want these for Valentine's Day.) One needs to be fashionable on a farm right? Yes. I think so too.

I am also happy to announce that we have THREE hens laying now. I haven't had to buy eggs for two weeks now! I assume the other three will start laying soon, and we plan on hatching chicks in the spring when it's warmer. I think you know what will happen to the older hens. We don't talk about it in front of the chickens though.




Sadly, all the snow we had yesterday melted away with today's sunshine and 40 degree weather. The animlas enjoyed it though while it lasted.



As much fun as the snow was, the goats were happy to get tucked away in their barn.

Last random thought. What is it with men (Micah in particular) growing 'winter' beards? He says it's to keep his face warm, so then I can stop shaving my legs? Same concept right?

With that visual, I'll bid farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?