Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day Fun

School was closed today for this:



It's just a little-itty-bitty dusting. Now I'm not complaining. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to sleep in and have all three of my children home today. We watched a movie, we baked a loaf of sweet milk bread, and we even baked three dozen chocolate chip cookies. I am, however, not looking forward to the make-up school day for this supposed 'snow' day. You will not take my Memorial Day Weekend from me!!!

In other exciting news (enter sarcasm here).When my husband and son went over to help slaughter the hogs the other day, he was rewarded with some wonderful meat. I used a few of the pork chops tonight for dinner and they were divine. My mom gave me a recipe years ago for Polynesian pork chops and I managed to misplace  the recipe, but have been able to remember the basics for the marinade. It's very easy and so good.

1 cup of Ketchup
1/2  cup of brown sugar
1/4 soy sauce
a tad of ginger
Let marinade in a freezer bag with the porchops for 2-3 hours
Pan fry or bake as desired
Garnish with pineapple

Super easy and super good! I served it along with scalloped potatoes and a simple salad with cranberries and feta. Yum.

You know, I think I might go dig into the leftovers now...

1 comment:

  1. You had a LOT more snow than we did!! I could have literally counted the flakes that stuck to our deck, and that didn't even come down till after 7:30!
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?