Monday, February 28, 2011

Homecoming

We brought home our newest babies yesterday. We ended up only taking two as opposed to the three we had originally purchased. Since we are new to the world of alpacas, we figured we better start out small (er), so we went with the two fawn boys. They're about three years old, and are just as sweet as can be. My younger two children and I spent the morning hanging out with these sweet guys to help them become more secure in their new home. We are so glad they're here. Welcome Titus and Zacheus to the farm! And thanks to Ben for letting us use his trailer to transport them.



Titus is in the front, and poor Zacheus clearly needs his bangs trimmed.


Zacheus

They didn't get too much outdoor time today due to the tornado watch, crazy wind, and pouring rain.



My sweet boys!

I was also fortunate enough to visit Misty Mountain Farm this weekend and purchased my first spinning wheel! They gave me a great deal and threw in a bag of Finn Sheep roving and a niddy noddy. So glad my mom and stepdad introduced me to these lovely people!

Whew, so thankful for such a fun filled family weekend, but I sure do have my work cut out for me now. I have bags and bags of alpaca fiber, and bag of icelandic sheep wool, and several pounds of angora. Uh, and about nine weeks of graduate work left. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

I think I need a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?