Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Easy Low Fat 'Eclair'

I'm going to a potluck tomorrow with the ladies from preschool, and I'm not going to say I forgot I needed to bring something, but I will say I wasn't exactly prepared. I always have on hand the ingredients for an easy low fat dessert that my good friend Amanda made for me once. It's a take on the sinfully delicious eclair. Amanda actually got the recipe from Weight Watchers, so you know it's easy on the waistline.

The recipe would normally be made in a 9 by 13 pan, but since I don't need to take that much to school tomorrow (there's only a few of us ladies) I'm splitting it into two pans. You can, however, just pretend I'm baking it in a 9 by 13 baking dish. All you need is:

Low Fat Eclair

a box of low fat graham crackers
a box of instant vanilla pudding
low fat or fat free cool whip
chocolate frosting



Start the instant pudding. It should only take a few minutes to set up.



While that's setting up, line your dish with graham crackers.



Then add half the cool whip to your pudding mixture and mix well. Spoon out half the cool whip/pudding mixture over graham crackers. Line more crackers over the dessert, then use the rest of the cool whip/pudding mixture over your second layer of crackers.



Place another layer of graham crackers on the dessert, then top with the chocolate frosting. It needs to set for at least four hours, but it's better if you can prepare the dish night before. Try not to eat the dish in one sitting. Yes, it's that good!

Hope the ladies enjoy this tomorrow, and I hope you enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day! I look forward to this day every year. My grandmother is Irish, and has instilled a love for all things Ireland in me. If you can believe it, I was an Irish dancer as a child. I know right?



I've been reading these books to the kids the past few days and of course we'll be making the traditional Irish soda bread tomorrow. Can't wait! Well it's time for me to hunker down with my boyfriend (husband) and watch Leap Year.

Who am I kidding, we're watching ESPN. No romantic comedy for me. :(

2 comments:

  1. didn't get a chance to eat any yesterday.... so i will be trying it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super delicious chocolate eclair cake! The only thing my dad knows how to make and I'd always get the leftovers from his "work parties". Although I KNOW that the weight watchers aspect of it is lost on me when I eat half the pan!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?