Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just One of Those Days...

Today was a gloomy, rainy, cold day. Not a bad day by any means, but just, you know, one of those days. It began with a sick 4 year old throwing up in the truck on the way to take my son to school. Needless to say we skipped preschool and opted for a quiet rest day at home. And since then I've had an awesomely bad headache.

I was totally bummed my little princess was sick today, mostly because no mother wants their baby to feel bad, but also because my mom and I had a lunch date planned with pedicures to follow. With both of our busy schedules, who knows when we'll have this chance again. Oh well. My little girl is on the mend, and that's all that matters. (But I really wanted to get my toes done!)

But I made the best of today and took advantage of the quiet day at home.



I planted strawberry plants in the pots on the front porch. Tomorrow I'll plant lavender.



I took a minute to drool over these pumps I recently picked up. I haven't worn them yet, but I'm making my smokin' hot huth-band take me dancing in the not too distant future. (He just doesn't know it yet).

And I gave my little monkey and I pedicures at home. It wasn't the same as the spa, but we had fun nonetheless. I also lysol-ed literally everything in this house, so fingers crossed this tummy bug leaves our home and doesn't return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?