Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Note to Self...

Note to self: Don't leave any yarn projects out for a certain cat to get a hold of. This is what my yarn looks like now after it having been out overnight in  my yarn basket.






I was working on my son's beanie, and it actually is still on the loom, but I'm not sure I can undo the damage Hattie has done. It's just a big fat tangled mess. Bum. Mer.





In other riveting news, Micah planted several apple trees this week. We already have a pear tree, a fig tree, and a walnut tree on our property. The latter trees need to be pruned, but with a little TLC, we should see fruit! Woot woot.



I had to pick up one last can of paint today for the barn. I had painted all the way down to the grass in the fall before we brought the goats home, but you can see how far down they have eaten.



I think I need to tether theses girls in the front yard where we have nice big pile of weeds in what use to be a flower garden. It's so overgrown now, I think it's best just to start completely over.



And a sure sign spring is near! All the hens are laying now. I went in to collect eggs today after I picked up my son from school, and look what I found. Guess it's eggs for dinner (again).

We're working on a new animal pen this week too. We're bringing home our last breed of animal in the next couple of weeks. Can you guess what we're adding to the farm?

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a naughty kitty and what beautiful eggs! Are you getting sheep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sheep for us. My husband has no interest in them. :( I don't know why though, they're so similar to goats. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cats can be so mischievous. So exciting to have fruit trees. I want to plant some here too. Great eggs :)
    Hmm--mini donkeys??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love mini donkeys, but again the boss man says no. But we are bringing home some piggies! :) Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?