Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Progress

We're making progress with the boys. For the most part they stay at the back of the pasture, but they are warming up to us (this kids in particular) and come closer and closer. It's pretty cool actually.





They are not use to the feed bucket yet, but my goal  is for them to come to me as soon as they see the bright red bucket. I read alpacas like carrots and apples... but not my boys, they wanted nothing to do with either treat. Oh well.






They're even okay with the dogs now. Duke chased them at first, but now he pays little attention to the alpacas at all. It's small progress, but progress nonetheless.



I have begun crocheting my second dish towel, and so far so good. I'd like to make one more for good measure. I'm so funny about having odd numbers of things (hence the three kids).

My daughter and I hit up a local yarn store this morning, I know, can you believe  we have one in our dinky town? And we found all kinds of yummy yarn. The owner was so helpful and sweet. Did you know they make yarn out of camel and llama? Neither did I, but I scooped up a charcoal color of an alpaca, llama, and camel blend, and I think I'll crochet my huth-band a beanie. You know, in all my spare time.



I did begin my daughter's socks on my loom today, and silly me I let her choose the sock yarn and she literally chose the skinniest yarn known to mankind, meaning it's going to take me all spring and summer to knit her a pair. Good think I measured her feet big! My goal is to be done by winter of 2013. And no I'm not kindding.

3 comments:

  1. The alpacas look great, Sarah! And I am very impressed with that sock loom - never seen one before. I'll be waiting to hear how easy it is to use, might get one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You alpacas are wonderful!
    Guess what! You are one of the lucky winners of a free bar of goat's milk soap from my giveaway. If you could contact me with your address, I will get it in the mail on Monday. Thanks for entering and have a good weekend! Sprout'n'Wings Farm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosemary, so far the sock loom is taking forever, but I like it because the tension is exact. I'll let you know.

    Yay, Michaele, I'll get you my address thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?