Tuesday, April 5, 2011

If Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth....

....then Teufel Hunden Farm is the windiest place on earth.



This would be the kids swing set turned over by the wind.  This is the second time this has happened in the past few weeks. We also had our patio table blow over and shatter the glass top all to pieces (I'm still picking up glass from that one). One of our flag poles snapped off due to the wind last night and we had a tree branch fall and bring down a power line with it just last week.


So I guess you could say it's pretty windy over here. The wind was great in the summer when there was 100% humidity and it was 90 degrees out. The winter wind... not so much fun. Cold days plus all the wind we got made it seem just that much colder. Not that I'm complaining, but I sure am glad to have warm weather again.



The wind today coupled with the rain  made for a perfect day to hang out inside. My daughter is on spring break so no preschool for her.  We poured more candles and I made this cute little sign. The wood is scrap wood I found in the burn pile. I painted on the letters and then let it dry and sanded them off to give it an aged look. I think it turned out pretty cute. I'll just add this to my rooster themed kitchen above the window. I think I need to lay off the roosters.

I also picked up some canvas totes to paint. I sent twelve to my grandmother and she's begun to paint them too, can't wait to see what she comes up with. Stay tuned for pictures of the totes! And we're off to baseball practice... again.

1 comment:

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?