Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Got Milk?

Well...  neither do we.

When we bought our goats last fall,  Fiona (the black one) was suppose to be knocked up pregnant. But alas, her due date has come and gone and no kids. We went ahead and purchased a buck for when she goes into heat which, fingers crossed, should be in  August. Unfortunately we'll have to say goodbye to Flynn Rider, our buck, when and if he knocks up  impregnates either of our two does. His male scent will taint the milk. We could make a separate pen for him and keep him, but I don't think the boss man is too found of him, so chances are he'll be leaving us.



So we don't have a milking goat at the moment, BUT my huth-band did find this great stand at work (for free!) that will make a great milk stand. He still needs to fix it up a bit and create a place to keep the does head in place and somewhere to hang the grain bucket, but I like it. A lot. I think it's the perfect height and the perfect price.

Out own goat milk would have been nice, but in the meantime, I'm loving this stand. I may even paint it my trademark barn red. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?