Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Birds Have Hatched

Remember the bird that laid her eggs in my son's motorcycle helmet? Well I checked on them today and four out of five have hatched! Not sure if the fifth one is a dud, or if he/she was laid later. I'll keep checking though.



I have no idea what kind they are as I haven't gotten a close look at the mama, though my huth-band thinks maybe a finch? Not sure. Anyway, these suckers are UGLY. No seriously.



They have no feathers except on these big beedy blue eyes (which are closed). When I peaked inside though, they all opened their mouths for food. That part was cute. Just not them.



Titus wanted to see the baby birds too.

I hope they all survive and then get the heck out of my son's helmet so he can ride his bike again. Happy Wednesday to you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute naked little birds. Good thing their mom didn't catch you looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I host a blog hop and I'd LOVE if you came over and shared a recipe! Here's the link :) http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/search/label/Savory%20Sunday

    i got a new url :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?