I love Fall.
Almost as much as I love Christmas time.
How do I know fall is in the air? Well for one, my daughter asked for a jacket this morning when we stepped outside to take her and her brother to school. A jacket! It's still August!
|This pepper from the garden made it into the salsa, yum.|
|Red Leaf Lettuce|
Our fall garden appears to be doing well too. We've got lots of greens going, and fingers crossed, we'll have plenty to eat fresh and plenty more to freeze. I also planted A TON of broccoli. We love broccoli in this family, so we'll need lots if it's going to last us through winter.
I plan on taking another trip to the orchard/ pumpkin patch again soon. I mean, you have to go to the orchard in the fall, right? And with those apples, I made the best apple pie this weekend, and I do mean the best. I used this recipe, but like everything else in life, I tweaked it a bit to make it my own. Here's what I did different:
* I used Gala apples instead of Granny Smith, giving it a more milder taste (which I prefer).
* I added 1/2 brown sugar to the mix (so naughty).
* I did not pour the sugar mix over the lattice crust, instead I poured it in between each layer of sliced apples, then I put my lattice crust on top. I brushed the top with butter, and baked it at the same temperature and time.
* I ran three miles after consuming a piece to undo the damage I had done.
* I then came inside famished from running and ate another piece.... Oiy.
Happy Wednesday to you!
~ Sarah ~