Friday, August 19, 2011

For The Birds




Holy heck these things are growing fast! Look at the difference between a 'regular' chick and a broiler chick. They are the exact same age, have been fed the exact same feed, and clearly you can tell a difference in size. The chicks were two weeks old on Wednesday, so in about 6 weeks time.. well... we don't really have to talk about it now.



The ducks we bought for fly control are adjusting nicely to our little homestead too. The kids love them, my almost two year old in particular loves them most who goes into hysterics anytime we go outside and yells 'duck', 'duck', and if you didn't know what he was saying, then you would, well, think he was saying something else.

We don't have to talk about that either.

I went over to a friends house today to help her paint a sign for her farmer's market stand and as I was leaving I commented on really cool plant she had, and next thing I knew, I was being sent home with some! What is this plant called you ask? Hen and chicks! How did we not have these succulents on our farm before now? What a fitting plant for this little homestead. :)

We finished our afternoon off by none other than hay jumping. It's what country kids do right? Well, I hope you have a great weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?