Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks weather wise. An earthquake, numerous aftershocks, a hurricane, severe tornado warnings last night with winds so loud on this little tin roof my huth-band jumped up, woke the whole house up and made us all sleep downstairs in the middle of the floor 'just in case', and another hurricane on the way. You have to stop and wonder... is the good Lord trying to tell  us something?

I'm not going to lie, I've been stressed out beyond belief lately. I had a little pity party for myself the other day too. Nothing major, just life.

And then I met a woman yesterday who lost her husband in May. In May.

She was out and about smiling, carrying on, she was not having a pity party, and  I came home last night and thought long and hard about that sweet woman I met. How could I sit there and complain about my little life after meeting a woman with the courage to go on with hers after losing her husband?

I woke up today after a long night of worrying about my children's safety with the severe tornado warning and all and I decided that I was going to start being more thankful. Not that I am not greatful for what I have, but it's so easy to get lost and caught up in our own little worlds, that we forget to apprecaite all that we do have. And trust me, we as Americans are blessed beyond measure.

I use to do a post called 'Too Funny Tuesday' but I think from now on I'll do a 'Thankful Tuesday' post. I'm going to try and be thankful everyday, and I hope you try and do the same. The last time I did a thankful post was on Thanksgiving of last year. How could I have gone almost a year without writing about how thankful I am for all the wonderful blessings I have in my life?

So today on this Thankful Tuesday I'm thankful for the rain (even though it's washing the driveway away).






I'm thankful for three sweet beautiful children who are healthy and have the ability to run and jump and play outside in this little piece of heaven on earth.




I'm thankful for Micah who, even though he works long hours, still makes time to come home and spend time with the kids. Whether it's wresting on the floor, taking our boys fishing, or taking the older two 4 wheeling. (Not so thankful for the fact that he sent my 6 year old up a 15 foot deer stand yesterday!, but that's not me complaining.)

I'm thankful for a pantry and freezer full of food.

I'm thankful that in that pantry is a bag of Reeces cups that no one else knows is there.

My butt is not thankful for that bag of chocolate though.

I'm thankful for the most wonderful neighbors I could have ever asked for.

I'm thankful for the most wonderful family I could have asked for.




I'm thankful I finished up a couple more pictures. Simple as they are, I'm glad I can cross that off the list.

I'm thankful for Fall, apple picking, pumpkin pie, and cooler weather

I'm thankful for a huth-band who always makes me laugh.

And the fact that he has a cute butt.

He won't mind that I wrote that. Or maybe he will. But he'll get over it.

I'm thankful for a God who is big enough for all of my problems and yours and who kept my little family and this ole house safe last night.

That's all for now folks. I better hit the books because I will not be thankful if I have to retake a class!

1 comment:

  1. And I am thankful for how refreshing this post was :) Hope your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?