Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Standings

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We sure did, we went down to North Carolina to visit with my huth-band's parents, three older brothers and their familes. It was so much fun! And I guess we were having such a grand ole time eating and chatting because I didn't take a single picture! Not one!

Oh well.



Christmas Card Photo 2010

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can move on to Christmas. I'm one of those individuals who can't decorate for Christmas until after Turkey Day. We are cutting (okay, Micah is cutting) our tree this weekend and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I can talk him into hanging lights. He did last year but swore he would never do it again. *Insert sad face here*

Not the Christmas Card Photo for 2010

Found this on my computer, Christmas 2007 :)
 I made my final batch of soap today to give as gifts. I only have one more gift to paint, and two more gifts to crochet, then hopefully everything will go in the mail next Monday. Christmas cards have been ordered and 75% of the gifts have been purchased. I'm feeling pretty good about my standings thus far. I hate rushing and preparing for Christmas without ever actually enjoying it, so this year I'm not going to stress. I'm not going to stress. I'm not going to stress. I'm not going to stress....



Anywho, I found this really easy flower crochet pattern that I've been using for gifts and I thought I'd share. And if I think it's easy then it must be really easy. I still need to hit up the thrift store for some vintage jewels to adorn the crochet flower with, maybe on the list of things to do tomorrow? Well, here it is, enjoy!

Easy Crochet Flower Pattern

Ch 9 and join into a ring with a sl st

Round 1- Ch 6, *1 dc into ring, ch 3, rep from * 4 times, sl st into beg ch 6
Round 2- Work 1 petal ( 1 sc, 5 dc, 1 sc) into each ch 3 sp.
Round 3- * Ch 5, 1 sc into last sc of next petal, repeat from * ending with ch 5
Round 4- Work 1 petal ( 1 sc, 7 dc, 1 sc) into each ch 5 space

Fasten off

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?