Monday, November 21, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap

I've been making my own laundry soap for a few months now and I had written a post about it but it was lost when I converted from wordpress to blogger so here we go again!

Liquid Laundry Soap

1/2 borax
1/2 washing soda
1/3 bar of a soap (grated)
1 and 1/2 gallons of water



This is the recipe that I like but there a bagillion out there. I prefer liquid laundry soap and this recipe takes about 20 minutes, so it's not only really cost effective but really easy to make. I always have a few goat milk soap bars that get broken or messed up and I can't sell them and they are perfect for grating and using in this recipe.



Heat 6 cups of water and add the grated soap. Stir until combined. Add the washing soda and borax and stir until dissolved, then remove from heat.

Add a little hot water to your bucket or laundry soap container, then add the grated soap liquid. Top off with the remaining water ans stir well.

It takes a day or two before it gels and is usable, and I also have to shake it well before each use but supposedly it's about 2 cents per load, can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?