Saturday, November 12, 2011

Party For A Princess

My little girl turned 5 on November 10th, which ironically enough is the Marine Corps birthday. Her original due date was November 12th and we told our doctor that we were shooting for the 10th or the 11th (Veterans Day). Like we could really plan when our daughter wanted to make an appearance.

Anyway our wish was granted though, and she came early in the evening on the Marine Corps birthday.

I gained... oh.... I don't know 65 pounds during my pregnancy. I was convinced I was having a 55 pound baby.

I didn't.

She was a tiny 6 pounds, 14 ounces. And she's had our hearts ever since.

We had the party at our house again, since there is nowhere else to have a birthday in this little town. Our wonderful neighbors, friends, and family came to celebrate with us, and we are so glad they did. We had a wonderful time, thanks to all who made it out!






Birdhouse painted by yours truly





Princess castle cake made by me.


She thinks it's funny to cross her eyes when I whip out my camera. It's not.




My crafty mom made her this cute scarf. Thanks Mom!

I crocheted this cowl.

Look at all those adorable kids. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful party! Perfect for her age. Did she get the pony as a present or is is just a member of the family?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?