Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to you! 2011 was a great year for our family, so I am really looking forward to what the good Lord has in mind for us in 2012.

I must be getting old because I didn't even make it to midnight last night.:)  I tried my best to stay awake but 11pm  rolled around and my eyes were awfully droopy so I walked myself to bed. Oh well, maybe next year.



The new year started off with none other than cleaning out all the stalls. I had the task of shoveling poo poo and laying down fresh bedding while my huth-band took down all the outside Christmas lights.



He also began building a pen for Petunia our soon to be mama pig. We bred her to Hamlet and we're hoping for a big litter because the piglets will be ... well.... dinner. We are also considering downsizing our goat herd and purchasing a milk cow this year. I LOVE the goats and I LOVE goat milk soap but we're not drinking the goat's milk, I only make soap and cheese with it so we really don't need four does, we could have two and a dairy cow and that would make more sense.



Okay and let's be honest, I really just want a cow. Every farm needs a dairy cow right? And since our little family easily drinks a gallon of milk a day, this might be a good solution to our dairy needs.

All in due time I suppose.




I haven't done much painting/crafting lately as I was so busy with making Christmas gifts, and I feel the need to do something, sooooo I think I'm going to sew new slip covers for the pillows on our couches. I have it narrowed down to these two fabrics. What do you think?


 


My friend dropped her son off for a play date with my son and look what she brought me! She picked it out because she knows how I love Americana decor and stars. I have the best friends a girl could ask for!

Well I'm off, the huth-band is going to bed early so he can go hunting early (imagine me rolling my eyes) so that means I get the remote! Hallmark Channel here I come.

Goodnight all, and linking up here today. :)

~ Sarah ~

5 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fabric choice is very cute and yes...every farm needs a cow I think :) I noticed in your about me you are from San Diego, us too! My hubby is in the Marine Corps (saw your pillow) and we just transferred to PA about 8 months ago. Still some getting used to, going from a big city and beaches to the rural country town and well no beaches...lol, but we are loving the change :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the 2nd rooster fabric? Who is it made by? Text or call 602-410-4005
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the second rooster fabric? Who is the manufacturer?
    Text or call 602-410-4005
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the 2nd rooster fabric? Who is it made by? Text or call 602-410-4005
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?