Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

In spite of the rocky start I had this morning (just think escaped pigs running wild in the field) I am writing a thankful post, even though I really, really want to write a complaining post.

Thankful for my sweet family. :)

Today I'm thankful for the winter weather. Yes even though all the water buckets were frozen solid this morning and I had to break them up with a shovel and I HIT myself in the shin with said shovel, I'm still thankful for the change in seasons. I grew up with one season. 70 degrees and sunny, so a little cold (okay freezing) weather doesn't bother me one bit.

I also ran quickly back inside after the morning chores and warmed myself by a space heater for, oh I don't know, an hour? So maybe the weather bothered me a bit.

Moving on. I'm thankful my kids had a great first day back at school. I missed them terribly, but they came home with big, sweet smiles on their frozen faces.



I'm thankful my kids appreciate the little things in life. Like the fact that I made this for my daughter last night after she went to bed, and she gave me a big sweet hug and excitedly  thanked me for it this morning. It's a case for her DS and it was really simple to make, but it warmed my heart that she appreciated it so much and was sooo grateful.


 I'm thankful that I was able to round up the piggies who escaped their pen this morning. We have let them out before from heir pen and they never go anywhere but it's a two person effort to corral them back in, so I was FREAKING OUT today. I'm not going to say anything else about this subject, it might conjure up some swear negative words. And please note that the above picture was not the actual picture from today's fiasco. Oh no, there was no time for pictures as I was frantically running about. Okay and really, does so much have to jiggle when one runs? Gosh, I need to get in shape.

N-e-way, I'm thankful again for my Dad who blessed us immensely by gifting us all the materials to hook up our wood stove.



I'm thankful that my almost 7 year old is growing up into a responsible young man who has now taken on the morning and nightly task of feeding these beasts.

And I just typed breasts above instead of beasts.

I think that's my cue to go to bed. Good night. :)

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?