Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pinewood Derby 2012

Our church held their annual 'Bethlehem 500' derby car race tonight. This was our first time ever doing this and I pretty much had NO idea what we were doing.



The cars came already cut and I just had to sand them down and paint them. Okay, paint I can do.




What I didn't know was that I was suppose to add weight to them. They can be up to 5 ounces and all of our kids weighed in at a measly 3 ounces or so.

Oops.



Somebody looks sleepy


Next year we'll add weight and try and actually be contenders. Uhm, because I'm pretty sure my children's cars came in dead last.

Again, oops.



But the paint job turned out alright though, eh???



My little girl even won a trophy for 'Best Design'.



Even though the cars were really light (and therefore didn't go down the track very fast) our whole family had a great time. It was good seeing friends and we just love our little church family. :)

Hope you had a great Saturday too.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?