Monday, March 26, 2012

Double Chocolate Cookies (A Healthier Version)

My, my how you have grown.



They still need the warmth of their brooder but they sure have packed on the pounds! I was concerned when the chicks first arrived that I couldn't tell the difference between the white layers I had purchased and the white broilers, but it's very obvious now who is who.



Willow found a nice tree to keep tabs on the chicks growth too.

Better keep an eye on that one!




I'm so happy to see the trees blooming, we've had so much rain these past few days, the grass is so green and tall (ahem Micah) and I know all the veggies and strawberries I planted last week are loving it! Spring has definitely arrived.

I managed to change out all the animals bedding this morning and clean out the horse stall (which is not an easy task by any means). Of course I had my little two year old helper tagging along too. And by helper I mean he got into everything he wasn't suppose too, including the manure. Uhm gross.

Anyway, all my efforts this morning warranted a tasty treat tonight. Since we are trying to eat healthier I have been careful about how often I bake, but it's been awhile so I figured tonight would be a good night (and Mondays are the only night we're really home with all the sports the kiddies are involved with.)

I found a basic (easy) double chocolate cookie recipe here and then modified it a bit to be slightly healthier. I say slightly because there are kind of still two sticks of butter involved. I'm sorry.

Double Chocolate Cookies
  • 1cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 sticks of room temperature butter
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 2/3 brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs (farm fresh!)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt into a medium sized bowl. In a large bowl combine sugar, honey, and butter and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg addition. Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat well. Stir in white chocolate ships. Spoon onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-11 minutes and let cool before transferring to a wire rack.

And try not to eat them all in one sitting!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?