Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Rainy Saturday and A New Sign

Today was a good day. My hubby woke up at the butt crack of dawn and took our oldest son to run dogs. I have no idea what this means and probably don't even want to know, but my son came home soaking wet with a big smile on his cute little seven year old face, so I'm glad he went.

Our soccer games haven't started yet so we had nothing on the agenda for today and I'm really glad. The rain forced us to hang out and relax and I'm so thankful for it.

Feeding all the animals wasn't a complete joy this morning in the pouring rain, but I know my strawberry bed and onion and garlic beds were enjoying the downpour. I finished up another batch of homemade fruit roll-ups today, this time I just used applesauce that I made this past summer. They turned out really, really good. I also have venison jerky drying right now, hopefully it will be done before I want to go to bed!



The kids and I played board games today, I attempted to get my two year old to use the potty (which he wants NOTHING to with) and I hung this sign on my daughter's new door.

I am so bad about taking before pictures, but I found this old wooden sign at my favorite thrift store for fifty cents. I gave it a fresh coat of white paint and painted the outside edge a pale pink (to kind of match the color of her walls).



Then I found a font I liked and printed these words and traced it onto her sign. I had some horse wall stickers and used one for that extra 'barn' touch.



Because the sticker was not flush with the rest of the sign, I used Mod Podge  to make it flush. I think I painted seven coats on, letting each coat dry thoroughly each time.



I added the painted pink heart and there you go. A really easy, cheap sign my country girl's new door.

I hope you enjoyed your Saturday as well. :)

~ Sarah ~

2 comments:

  1. I am in fact pleased to read this webpage posts which contains plenty of valuable facts, thanks for
    providing such information.
    my page :: Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.

    There's no doubt that that you should publish more about this subject matter, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people don't discuss such issues.
    To the next! Kind regards!!
    Also visit my web-site ; Canada Goose Jakker

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?