Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Simple Request

Ever have one of those days when all is right with the world?

I had one of those days today.



The weather was beautiful, I was able to catch up on some reading during nap time and I got to take the kiddies to the park tonight during my son's soccer practice.



I also made a deal with Gretel (one of our Havana meat rabbits) today. I think she got the message, though she didn't say much. :)  You see, she's kindled once unsuccessfully and has completely not been bred the last two times I've tried. Now I had visual conformation that the buck got his groove on (if you know what I mean), but for some reason it didn't take either time. But as I mentioned before I made a deal with Gretel today. I told her that this was her LAST shot and she had to deliver some healthy viable rabbits or she, herself, would wind up on the dinner table. I went ahead and bred her one last time on Leap Day so we'll find out in about two weeks what her fate is. To be continued...

But wait, there's more , my 2 year old was a good little man today and played nicely while I went through all the kids clothes and bagged up what we will donate and boxed up what we can use again next fall/winter. I pulled out all the kids spring and summer clothes and put them away in their closets and dressers. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's quite the task when you have a curious toddler in tow and with this old farmhouse not having much in the way of storage space, I have to go through all the kids closets and dressers every season.

In speaking of this old farmhouse, not only does it lack in storage space, but it also has a missing door on one of the rooms and the doors that are attached are very, very old. You know me, I like old stuff, and I like the look of the doors, but I think eventually we'll have to replace them.

Anyway, on the way home from gymnastics last night my 5 year old and I were having some girl time. This is the conversation that followed:

K: Mom, I need to ask you something.
Me: Okay. What's up.
K: Can you buy something?
Me: Well that depends.
K. Can you buy me a door?
Me: A what?
K: A door.
Me: Like for your barbie house?
K: No, like for me. For my room.
Me. Oh (smiles)



It was the sweetest little conversation and it just warmed my heart that of all the things she could ask for, she asked for a piece of wood. It's hard not to entertain such a simple request.

1 comment:

  1. I call the clothes switch-out The Great Clothes Switch. With four kiddos it takes about two days and I am always so glad when it is done!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?