Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thankful Tuesday


This week I'm thankful that I learned a new stitch and am able to make these cute flowers. Don't be surprised if you see crochet flowers embellished on all of mine and my daughter's clothes. :)

I'm thankful that my father-in-law responded well to his second round of chemo yesterday. He's a big tough Marine so we knew he'd do well. (Well and the fact that there is a hundred plus people praying for him.)

I'm thankful for the surgeons who will operate on my sister-in-law next week to remove her cancer. I wish she didn't have to undergo this, but I know the good Lord will take care of her.



I'm thankful for my Grandma who passed on all her favorite recipes to me including the Irish Stew I made for dinner tonight. It was de-lish! You can find the recipe on this site.

I'm thankful for my awesome neighbor who came over today to point out different trees we have on our property and show us which limbs/branches to prune. It was the most informative 30 minutes I've had in awhile and I hope we can bring these trees back to their prime with a little TLC. And I know I've said it a million times, but I LOVE this community we moved to. There's no where else I'd rather be!

I'm thankful that Micah and I planted two apple trees and two pear trees last year, but apparently we also have another HUGE pear tree, a crabapple tree, a peach tree, a fig tree, several cherry trees and a persimmon tree already on the property. I'm excited about the prospect of fruit this summer, fingers crossed this crazy weather won't affect them too much though.

I'm blessed beyond measure and am so thankful for that. I hope you are finding things to be thankful for as well. :)

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?