Monday, April 9, 2012

Big Plans

I hope you all had a great Easter! We were able to head down to the beach to visit with my hubby's family and we all had a blast! I wish we could have stayed longer but we had to get back to the good ole farm. We have a wonderful neighbor who keeps watch while we're gone, but it's a lot to ask of someone so we try and keep our trips short and sweet.



Vacations are always nice, but it's always good to come home too.




I loved the sign I made for my mother-in-law so much that I made one for myself with the same scripture and all. I hung mine on my garden gate though encircled by a wreath made of dried grape vines. I've got big plans for the garden this year. Big plans.



My hubby has big plans too. He has plans for our back field. It's about five acres or so and he has asked our neighbor to plant corn. Since we are newbies to farming and have exactly no large farm equipment, it seemed wise to let someone else farm it. It's a win win situation. Our neighbor (and expert farmer) will enrich the soil with sheep poop and he'll share a bit of the crop with us when he harvests it, and then he'll plant a cover crop so that by next year the soil will be amazing for whatever we decide to do. Whether we plant our own crops or put up fence for cattle to graze.

I'm excited about the prospects. And for our big plans.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?