Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I'm thankful for new life sprouting all around here on the farm.



From the tiny lavender seedling...



...to the herb garden in full force...



... to the nest full of baby rabbits...



... to the four remaining healthy baby pigs (who apparently are already experts on getting dirty)...



.. to the new goat kids.

I'm especially thankful for their mama's who allow me to milk them every morning in order to provide dairy needs for our family as well as enough dairy left over for me to make goat milk soap.



I'm thankful that this batch of lemongrass basil soap turned out half way decent, it doesn't sound very exciting but it has a nice clean fresh scent to it. I swear.



And on this week before Easter I am incredibly thankful for the ultimate price that was paid. As a parent I can't even fathom the pain of sacrificing your only son for a world full of sinners.

But I'm sure glad He did.

2 comments:

  1. When my dad was so sick with cancer, we gave him goat's milk because it was so much easier on his stomach. His neighbor would make him goat's milk icecream, and it was really good! Have you tried that yet?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn I have tried it, and it was really good. I had to do it the old fashioned way (since I don't have an ice cream maker) and it was a bit of a pain, but it was very good. Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?