Monday, April 23, 2012

The Valley

I have told you numerous times over the past few months about how my father-in-law is battling cancer (but praise the Lord, his tumor has shrunk and they will go ahead and give him two more chemo treatments!) and about my sister-in-law who will soon go through radiation after having her thyroid cancer removed. But I never discussed another family member who was battling cancer. This is a different sister-in-law's brother-in-law, does that make sense?

He lost his battle this weekend and left behind his wife and teenage daughter. There is comfort in the fact that he is no longer in pain and that his family will see him again one day in Heaven, but for his family right now, this is a difficult time and my heart breaks for them.

I remember after I miscarried a few years back that I felt completely devastated. And in my head I knew that I would get through that difficult time someday, but it was very bleak in the moment. My loss was nowhere near the same as my sister-in-law's sister loss over the weekend, but I did cling to one verse in particular while dealing with my pain. It was Psalm 23:4 'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me...'



I know she is a God fearing woman and that she will be okay, and that the good Lord will see her through this. I wanted to send her something so she would know that we are praying for her and thinking of her. I made her a sign to hang in her kitchen with the above verse. It's seems like such a silly gift, but I hope in some way that the verse might be of comfort to her in the upcoming days.

I know we serve a loving God but I have a hard time wrapping my head around situations like this.




I'm always reminded of His goodness though (even after news like this). In things as simple as the sprouting asparagus or the tiny lettuce seedlings popping up through the ground (that are severly drenched with the constant downpour of rain the past two days).

Keep the 'C' family in your thoughts and prayers if you can, and if you are walking through your valley now, just remember He'll see you through.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?