Thursday, May 3, 2012

All Kinds Of Goodness

These past two days have been all kinds of goodness.

All kinds.




My little girl and I found this great book from her Scholastic book order. It is very child friendly, and has some fun recipes that you can create with your kids. There are LOTS of pictures so your child will love it.




I couldn't convince my boys to bake with me today (they were too busy sword fighting) but my little 5 year old is always ready to help out in the kitchen.




We decided on the Raspberry Ripple Cheesecake, only we used strawberries instead because we are still patiently waiting for a raspberry harvest.

It turned out quite yummy.



Blooming peonies are all kinds of goodness too.

And so is going green. I have been trying to keep our family as green as possible, do away with processed foods, and keep chemicals out of our home and in that quest, I found a really easy (cheap!) homemade bug repellent the other day.  For the past four days that's all we've used and so far, so good. Best of all, there is no deet. It's one cup of rubbing alchohol and then some combination of a few drops of lemon, rosemary, and citronella essential oil. That's it!

I caught up with some friends tonight at soccer practice and I have my final exam for the SEMESTER tomorrow.

That's all kinds of goodness right there.

All kinds. :)

Linking up here tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love ordering books from school, back in my day you had to wait for them to ship in. I don't know if you have to do this now. Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too used to love to order books from Scholastic. It was so exciting the day the box came!

    I bet that cheesecake was good!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?