Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Field Trip and Chocolate Bread

Yay for more field trips! We had two more classes come yesterday for a tour of our little farm. They were a great group of kids and I'm so glad we had so many babies for them to visit with.




I also went and saw The Avengers last night and oh my goodness it was sooo good. I totally love those kind of movies and have fond memories of collecting comic books with my dad and brother when I was younger. I think that's the only non-girly thing I've ever done... well until I found myself shoveling up animal feces all day, err, but that's another story.

One of last years peppers


I worked in the garden today too. I had been patiently waiting while the peppers and tomatoes took over my dining room to plant them outside. Last year I planted the tomatoes a little too early and we had a late frost and they ALL died. It was a sad day. I had worked so hard starting them from seed and I was not about to let that happen again this year.  Their is also broccoli that is just about ready to harvest, and radishes, lettuce, and spinach that are coming up nicely too and we should be able to enjoy those soon as well.  I'm looking forward to planning our meals around what's growing in the garden. I'm trying to be diligent about eating through what we have in our freezer and pantry while planning our menu, and in speaking of the freezer, the butcher called and Hamlet, errr, the ham is ready.

Well we're getting ready to head off to a friend's house to watch the Capitals game, it's game 7, eek! And I am taking over a loaf of chocolate bread. It looks and smells delicious, and here is the recipe I used.

I hope you're having a great Saturday too!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?