Thursday, May 24, 2012

For Love of Stars

I have a thing for stars.

{I also have a thing for the color pink, men in uniform (hence the reason I married a Marine) turquoise jewelery, crochet, chickens, and country music, but we won't go there today.}

I don't know what it is about stars. I see them, whether it's at the tractor supply store, or an antique shop or a second hand store, but I see them and I buy them.



I've got stars on the shed, and a star on the gate to the goat pasture.



A star on my barn...



A star on the side of my house....


I have stars on the front of my house (though I forgot to take a picture).



Stars on the ceiling...







And there are LOTS and lots of stars in the house too.

I think I might have a little bit of an obsession.

Maybe my obsession began when Micah was serving in Iraq. I decided I was going to be really patriotic and decorate my home in stars and stripes. Or maybe my affliction for stars started before then.

Maybe it's because I always wanted to be a star. A movie star. I made a few movies as a kid, was in many commercials, and even did some modeling, and I always thought I was meant for Hollywood.

But then I decided to go to college, and then I met Micah. And we moved away from Southern California, and I decided that being a star in Hollywood wasn't really what I wanted.

What I really wanted was to have a family, and stay home and raise my children, and raise my own animals, and grow my own food, and have a quiet, simple, normal life.



I am completely happy with my little slice of heaven here in nowhere Virginia. I'll never be a star in Hollywood, but I can fill my home with stars, and be a star to three very special children every single day.

And that's alright with me. :)

Linking up here.

~ Sarah ~



1 comment:

  1. You are a star to us! Love ya'll ~

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?