Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

There is so much to be thankful for isn't there? Well I'll keep it short tonight.

I am thankful that school is winding down to a close. I LOVE my son's teacher and his school but I am sooo ready to throw routine out the window and have all my bebes home with me this summer. And I think we all know that I am not a morning person right? Right.



I'm thankful for my sweet hubby. He drives me crazy sometimes, and we have our moments, but I know he always has my back. I was having a bit of a pity for myself last night. Nothing major, just life. And he knew all the right words to say and today he brought me a sweet tea from McDonald's just because. Ahhh.

I'm thankful for all of our wonderful friends. It was hard when we moved out here back in 2010, we left a great church and really great friends, but we have made new friends and have found an equally great church here and have become a part of this really amazing community and I am just so thankful for that.

I'm thankful for the dehyrdrator I purchased a few months back. I use it on a weekly basis for homemade fruit roll-ups, venison jerky, drying flowers, and today I made zucchini chips. I think they turned out really well and are so much healthier than potato chips.

I'm thankful for our neighbors. Our neighbor down the road emailed me and asked if a few extra roosters could come live with us. :)  Well, you remember what we do with extra roosters right? I can't guarantee they are going to live here long, but I love that our little farm came to mind for a new home for these guys.



I'm thankful for our garden. It's so exciting to go out each day and see what has changed and what's popping up (besides the weeds). I love teaching my children about growing our own food and I love the lessons they are learning about self sufficiency.

There are so many other things I am thankful for, but I said I'd keep it short. I hope you had a wonderful Tuesday too. :)

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?