Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blueberries!

I took my kiddies out today in the sweltering heat (it was nearly 100 degrees!) and we picked blueberries. It was so much fun and we will definitely be going back.




Blueberries have an enormous amount of health benefits and are a cinch to freeze, so they might be my new favorite thing. Ever. :) I made blueberry pancakes for dinner and the rest are already cleaned and put up in storage.



The kids were so well behave today while we were out considering they had dentists appointments this morning, and as I mentioned, it was really hot. And when I say' kids', I mean my older two. My two year old is, well, two.



My little man started out helping, but then he decided he wanted to wack his siblings with a giant stick (see it in his hand in the bottom of this picture).



Then he decided to pee on several of the blueberry bushes (gasp, I know), and then he thought that the picking bucket made a better hat.



So despite my two year old and the heat, we had a great day. We picked 20 pounds (there was another bucket somewhere), but 5 were for a neighbor. Not bad eh?

I'm off to bed, but I hope you had a wonderful Thursday!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?