Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The End Of That

Remember the other day I told you about this sweet story and our hen who wanted to hatch her own chicks, and then I told you this story about my lovely daughter who saved the little blue jay from the death grip of my dog?

.... well they're both dead. Yah, I know.



The little chick is nowhere to be found. The older chick still remains, however, but I have to fiercely guard her/him from the dogs, so who knows whether the chick will make it to adulthood.



After coming home from a lunch and park play date today with a friend I noticed this on the ground.

It's what appears to be left of the little blue bird.

Yup. I can't say I'm not surprised what with three outdoor barn cats and two Rottweilers who seemed to have recently acquired a taste for birds.

So I guess that's the end of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?