Friday, June 15, 2012

Psalm 23

I told you of my father-in-law who is fighting cancer. I told you of my sweet sister-in-law who had her cancerous thyroid removed. Two days ago my brother had his kidney removed because of a grapefruit sized tumor. My sister-in-law's brother-in-law died two months ago from cancer.  Our wonderful neighbor and friend had a stroke last week and is still in the hospital.

I have been trying to explain to my children why these things happen (even though I don't know) and we have been praying. And praying. And praying.

But today on facebook I read of a little girl in our community who is having her leg amputated. She has been battling an aggressive cancer for quite some time. It breaks my heart enough as it is when an adult I know suffers, but it kills me to read of a child going through this.

Photo Credit: Oldfields Photography


My friends have been flooding Facebook with photos such as these showing this little girl their love and support. I hope the good Lord hears our prayers today.

I have no words for why these things happen, but I do know that God is good and He has a plan even if things look bleak. My children and I will head off to VBS for the last time this week tonight with a heavy heart and we will pray for our family and friends and this sweet little girl. Maybe you could say a little prayer for her too.



Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.


1 comment:

  1. LOts of heavy hearts for Alyssa and her family. Spread the word and pray... the more people praying the better.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?