Friday, June 22, 2012

Seeing Red

Barns should be red right? Isn't that the way they are always depicted in movies and books, as big red barns?

Photo Credit: Ontario Fixture Group


I kind of felt like that too, so I painted everything red when we moved here, and everything Micah has built since. The little barn, the chicken coop, the well house, Micah's storage shed, the brooder box, all the chicken and rabbit tractors, the cat.



Okay, just kidding. I didn't paint the cat.

Anyway, Micah enclosed the compost pile, leaving one side open for me to dump into, and after staring at it for a few days, I realized what I didn't like about it.

It wasn't red.



So I got to work using the same outdoor paint as all the other outbuildings and voila! Everything is red and uniform and I love it. Nevermind the fact that I stood around in the heat for an hour next to a big steamy pile of poo in order to paint three sides of the compost pile. :)

It was worth it.

I think. :)


~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. What "red" do you use? I haven't yet found a perfect barn red for all of my outdoor paint needs.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?