Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I'm thankful for our garden which has been giving us lots of yummy veggies and for the animals who live here (though sometimes brief) and the delicous food they provide.



Broccoli and green beans from our garden and ribs off the hog we raised and recently butchered.

I'm thankful for my smoking hot hubby. Really thankful.



I'm thankful for the lard I rendered so that I could make really, really organic soap. I added nutmeg this time to create the spotted effect, just for kicks. :)


'Mom, stop taking pictures of me!'


I'm thankful for my little man who sat still tonight so I could give him a shorter haircut for the warmer days. He hasn't been so good for me in the past and I have literally butchered his hair, so it was nice tonight to end up with a half way decent haircut.



I'm thankful for Dana over at ChumMom for giving me the opportunity to write for her. It's a great site with lots of useful tips and recipes and tonight you can learn even more useless things about me. I know, what else could you possibly care to know. :)

I'm thankful for my sweet friend Danielle. She's a teacher so I don't get to see her nearly enough during the school year, but since she's been on summer break we've been getting to see each other lots. She was one of the first individuals I met when we moved out here and she was so kind and invited me everywhere and had us over for dinner, and really made me feel welcome. We totally hit it off being that we are both from the coast (she's from Florida, I'm from San Diego) we both were criminal justice majors, we both love fashion, our five year old girls just adore each other, and both of our mothers have MS. I felt like she was just an angel sent from above to help my transition to the country smooth and seamless. Her parents are equally amazing and are actually in Haiti as missionaries. You can read about their journey here.

I'm thankful for so much more but I have a movie 'date-in' scheduled with my hubby to get to. I hope you had a great Tuesday too! :)

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?