Monday, July 9, 2012

Kind of a Funk

I told you about these crazy storms we've been having, and the wicked hot weather to go along with it, and unfortunately there are still many homes without power. The power companies are working their tails off trying to get it all restored, and I'm sure there are still many homes who are cleaning up the damage from the storms.

We were fortunate enough to have minimal damage. There are about a billion sticks/ branches all over the yard, and the garden is a bit of a disaster (due to no rain, and lack of water since the power was out and we're on a well), the cover on our grill was ripped to shreds by the wind, but other than that, we fared pretty well.

My dried up cucumbers. :(


I was going to post about the garden and take pictures of all of it's sadness, but I'll admit, I've been suffering from a bit of writer's block lately. It's not that we haven't been busy, because we have. I just sit down to write at night and nothing comes out. Absolutely nothing.



I should have lots to say and write about it. I was able to have a girls night out last week, and I had a morning at the salon all. to. myself.



My daughter and decided to paint our toes blue. Don't ask me why though.




We've been hitting the pool and the lake every chance we get in an attempt to stay cool. And I really do have a third child. :)  He just doesn't sit still long enough for his picture to be taken.

I have slowly been bringing the garden back to life. (Kind of.) The clouds are currently looming overhead, so fingers crossed, we finally get some rain and that will totally help out our sad little garden.

And I dried some blueberries that we picked recently, and they turned out really great. We also let the pullets out to free range for the first time and promptly lost three of them, and we lost another rabbit to heat. The livestock just keeps dwindling. Enter sad face here. I think we'll butcher the rest of the rabbits and be done with them for awhile. They are just too much of a hassle in the summer months, and my kids really aren't to keen on rabbit meat anyhow.

And maybe I'm not either.

That's it for now, hopefully this funk I'm in will soon pass. Hope you're having a great week. :)

~ Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?