Monday, July 16, 2012

Picking Up The Ole Crochet Hook

We had a great weekend! Did you? We finally became members of our sweet little church, we had missionaries from our church come and speak to the congregation about the amazing work they are doing in Haiti, we received MORE RAIN, our wonderful neighbors extracted honey from their hives and shared a bit with us (yay!), I harvested lots of tomatoes (a salsa making/canning day is imminent) and we spent some quality time as a family. It really doesn't get much better than that.

The kids and I have been having lots of fun this summer, maybe a bit too much because my house was a bit of a disaster. Today I had to catch up fun things like making more laundry soap, making granola bars, cleaning, and just generally putting order back in the house. So the kids were forced to hang out at the home with me while I caught up on everything. I took them to the library this morning so they could stock up on books... okay and we may have made a quick trip to the lake for a short swim before heading back to the house.

It was a productive day, and despite the kids few complaints of 'boredom' (really, after one afternoon at home??!) they honed their reading skills even more so in preparation for school at the end of next month, and I even had time to make a few headbands for my little girl while they were enthralled with their books.



I made the pink one because it's her absolute favorite color (and mine too).



And I made the navy blue one and a hunter green one (not pictured) to go along with her school uniform. She pretty much only wears pink and purple. Ever. So initially she wasn't thrilled with the idea of blue or green, but I'm hoping it will grow on her.

And she kind of doesn't have a choice. Pink or purple are not school uniform color options. :)

I'll admit, my crochet hook has been a bit neglected these past few months, mostly because who thinks of wool when it's 5,000 degrees out, but I truly forgot how much I love to crochet. I saw a fun pattern for a beach tote that I might have to try before summer is up. Maybe.


Well, I hope you had a great Monday too!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?