Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I'm thankful for so much this week (as usual), but I'll keep it short tonight. Maybe.

I'm thankful for dollar movies at the nearby theatre.

I'm thankful for the rain. My kids have been praying for it before bed each night and I think it was reassuring to them that their prayers are heard and are answered.

I'm thankful for my family. I know, I know, I always say that, but I really am. I was looking through photos last night, and I just feel so blessed. I talked to my dad the other day, I texted with my brother (and, eek!, we set up a date to video chat so I can see my little niece), and I got to visit with my mom and stepdad this weekend. I wish my family was closer, but even though we're on opposite coasts, we do our best to visit and talk with each other. And of course, I'm thankful for Micah's family. They live much closer than mine, and we always have such a great time whenever we get to see them.

In speaking of my family, I'm thankful I got to speak with my grandmother today. She lives in my birth state of Arizona and she is the one who has taught me everything I know about painting. I wish she was closer too and that her health was better but it was so good to sit down and chat with her today. I'm  really trying to take my own advice and make more time for her (and all relationships in general). I told her I was going to make refrigerator pickles today when we got off the phone and of course she had to pass on some of her favorite recipes to me, which I'm completely thankful for.




I'm thankful for the cucumbers we've been getting from our garden, so that I could make pickles. Now if only I can keep my kids out of them for the next four days until they're ready to eat...




I'm thankful for these two knuckle heads, EVEN THOUGH they have decided they like the coolness of the mulch in my front flower beds and have completely destroyed nearly everything growing there, but they're good dogs and they do their job around here, so I'll forgive them.

I think.

Most likely.

I'm thankful that I heard this song on the radio and that my kids are growing up in a water tower town. I love the lyrics and they ring so true.
Well, I hope you're getting some rain where you are, and I hope you had a wonderful Tuesday too!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?