Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back To School Treats

It's that time of year.... when the kids go back to school.

I'll be honest, tomorrow will be a little bitter sweet. My kids are excited; they both just adore school and they are so social that I'm pretty sure they've been having social-activity-withdrawals this summer. Even though I feel like we have done something with a friend nearly everyday this summer. And even though I know they're excited and I know that school is good for them, I secretly loved having all three of my babies home this summer.


And I'm confident that my almost three year old will be heartbroken (and bored) when he realizes his two older siblings will be. gone. all. day.

I'm also a bit nervous about the morning routine. I mean how do I get everyone up and dressed, beds made, a healthy breakfast cooked, lunches packed, and morning animal chores done on time? Not to mention that some mornings I might get called in to sub and I will have to get myself dressed and presentable.

I just don't see how it's all going to pan out. I might have to set my alarm for 4am

And I'm not looking forward to that.

So today I wanted to have one last hoorah before school.



So we painted a few watercolor pictures, made a batch of brownies, and went out for ice cream, and sadly their ice cream was down so we settled for chocolate cookies instead.

I know it's a lot of sugar in one day. Don't judge me.

I hope you are adjusting to your back to school routine too. It's a good thing there are only two school days this week!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?