Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rain And The Messy Games



I was thrilled to wake up yesterday morning to the sound of rain on our tin roof. Fortunately I was able to wake up early enough and take care of the animal chores before the torrential downpours began. We thought surely our football game would be canceled due to the rain, but alas no phone call ever came, so off we went on a rainy day to a wet muddy field, and our cheerleaders and flag football team played their hearts out and we are now 2-0 for the season. Woot woot!

We had quite a bit of outdoor work that needed to get done like working in the garden and preparing for fall and taking care of some pesty weeds in our little goat pasture. Nothing was accomplished today though. And I am completely okay with that. We needed this rain so badly.

Maybe not quite as much as we got all at one time, but the rain was welcomed all the same.

Instead, on yesterday's rainy Saturday, we watched the Redskins (win!), made another batch of my favorite peanut butter cookies and went off to a birthday party with some of our sweet neighbors.

Have I mentioned how much I love our neighborhood? Because I do. A lot.

The same friends and neighborhood threw a little back to school bash and messy games event at a local church tonight and it. was. a. blast.

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. There was a huge turn out of children and I know they all had a great time too. Now I have three tired children happily sleeping upstairs in their beds, possibly with egg yolk still in their hair. :)

I hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

'Feed the baby' and do so with no hands!

Nancy was such a good sport letting her daughter feed her.


My little girl had so much fun!
Knock over the cups by spitting peas at them!


Making lemonade in their mouth with lemon, sugar, and water...

... after this they had to go jump around and shake it all up in their mouth!




Egg toss with my two oldest kiddos.




Someone pied Tempe....
 
 
... that's okay, Tempe got her back. :)

My little man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?