Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I am thankful that we received oodles and oodles of rain this weekend.

I don't know if oodles is really a word or not.

But that's okay.

I'm thankful that my two oldest babies are enjoying school thus far. It is a brand spanking new school this year and it is beautiful. The drive is a bit farther for me, but I am thankful to see them in such an amazing building.

I'm thankful that my hubby didn't have football practice last night and we actually got to see him on a week night. Imagine that!

I'm thankful for the few apples I harvested yesterday. They aren't the prettiest looking things, but they taste wonderful. I'm pretty sure, however, that anything tastes wonderful when it comes off your land.



I'm also thankful I found this little guy hiding in the garden. I thought I had gathered up all the remaining tomatoes (that the bugs hadn't gotten to) and cucumbers, but I guess I missed one.



I'm thankful for the calendula I planted earlier this summer. I currently have this mornings harvest drying in my dehydrator and I'm anxiously awaiting for the process to be complete. Calendula is a great flower to grow because of its multitude of purposes. It can be made into a tea and taken to help with colds (good for this back-to-school time of year) and can also be used topically to aide with skin conditions. Here is a useful site that I found with more uses for calendula.

I'm also thankful for tonight's simple dinner of sliced apples and sausage and eggs that was made possible by one of our trees, our late hog, and the numerous free range chickens we have roaming about.

I hope you have much to be thankful for too!

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?