Thursday, August 30, 2012

Zucchini Brownies

My kids may or may not be the worlds pickiest eaters.

And they may or may not have gotten that from me.

In any case, I struggle with having my children try new things. So when I planted squash this year and harvested quite a bit before the devastation of the drought, they were decidedly less than excited about trying this strange new vegetable (new to them).

I dried quite a bit and turned it into 'chips' that my family happily gobbled up, and since then I have begun sneaking zucchini into baked goods whenever I can. My kids have yet to realize that they have been eating the squash they turned their noses up all summer long.

They also never realized that the 'chicken' that I fixed them, was... well... rabbit.

Sorry kids.

Zucchini Brownies

3/4 cup of butter
1/2 of cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of shredded zucchini

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 by 9 baking dish.

Heat the butter and the cocoa powder up in a pan over medium heat and stir until thoroughly mixed and melted. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir. Add the zucchini and stir again and then spread evenly in the pan. Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.



2 comments:

  1. I would like to know if you process your own rabbits or take them to the butchers. Also do you cook the meat just like chicken? Never had rabbit but I like to try new things. I like the idea of using zucchini in different stuff and I always have too much from my garden. I am going to try the brownies. I will let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misty, my neighbor showed my husband and son how to process the rabbits, so they do it themselves. The meat tastes just like chicken, but rabbit is very lean, so it can dry up very quickly. In a stew is good, or braised as well. Thanks for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?