Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back To School Germs

Did I mention how much I wasn't ready for school to resume?

Well I wasn't. Another reason, beside the fact that I miss kids all day when they're gone, is because of all the back to school germs that seem to plague the children the moment they walk in the door.

Two out of the three were feeling yucky this week, with my little man having gotten the worst of it. He has spent the last two days hunched over on the couch feeling quite sick. Poor thing. By this afternoon though he was doing much better, so yay!

It has been raining incessantly for the past five days, so hunkering down on the couch under a cozy blanket hasn't been all that bad, and I certainly don't feel guilty that I haven't taken him out to play much; there hasn't been any sun to play in.



I did, during one of his naps, whip up some blueberry preserves from the berries we picked awhile back. I had frozen them whole to use as smoothies, but I knew that with some of them I wanted to make preserves. And now I can't wait to try a bit on my toast tomorrow for breakfast.

I also made cookies during one of his naps yesterday.



Because chocolate chip cookies make everything better. Even in a house full of germs.

 I have, for as long as I can remember, used the recipe on the back of the Toll House Chocolate Chips package. My mom used this recipe too for her cookies when I was growing up and they always turned out perfect.

The sun is peeking through the clouds this afternoon, so with my little man feeling better, we might actually make it to football and cheer tonight.

I hope your kids are faring better than mine, and I pray all these germs leave our house immediately!

Happy Thursday!



1 comment:

  1. Aw, so sorry for your little man. Glad that he is on the mend! :)
    Have you ever considered homeschooling your children so that they can be home with you? Have I asked you that before? Sorry, my mommy brain sometimes fails me. :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?