Friday, September 7, 2012

It Is What It Is....

So, my friend Alice has this little saying, or maybe it's more of a motto, I don't know.

But it cracks me up. And I think it cracks me up because it's so simple, yet so true.

She says: It is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't.



And I'll admit, I totally had to google 'ain't'. I know, I know, but I didn't grow up hearing or saying that word. Crazy right? Anyway, essentially it's slang for 'is not'.



So it could also be said: It is what it is, and it is not, what it is not.

But it sounds much better the way Alice says it (that's why I had to paint it on a sign for her.)

So the next time you start asking questions or talking talk, just remember, it is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't. :)

Have a good weekend, mine will be filled with football and cheerleading, and then more football!

~ Sarah ~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being such a super friend. A friend who is what she is and ain't what she ain't....haha. Love to all!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?