Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Go-To

If you know us, you know that we hardly ever go out to eat. I pack all of our lunches too each day, so really, eating out for us is a rarity. It does happen, but it sure is rare.

Since we try very hard to not eat fast food, I am forced to make dinner each night. But there are some nights (okay most nights) that I have exactly no desire to stand in the kitchen slaving over a hot meal only to stand in the kitchen once again to wash and dry all the dishes when we're done eating.

So what does one do on nights like these when one avoids fast food like the plague?

One goes to her go-to meal. Breakfast.

Breakfast for dinner that is.



If I could get away with whipping up pancakes and eggs and frying up bacon or sausage every night, I would.



My kids love it. It's a protein packed meal. And it can be thrown together in no time at all. And one of the benefits of owning a backyard flock is that we always have eggs on hand, so this is a meal I don't have to plan really or go to the grocery store for.

And tonight as we were rushing off to cheer and football practice, I was so glad for the simple, yet satisfying dinner I made.

What's your go-to quick and easy meal?

1 comment:

  1. We also refuse to eat take out. I guess I should take some pride in that, while I am also cooking over that hot stove. Breakfast for supper is also one of our favorite meals.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?