Sunday, September 2, 2012

Somebody Is Three!!!

The other day before church, my daughter was asking us when we were going to have a sister for her.



Errr, say what?



I kindly explained to her that there would be no other children coming from her daddy and I. In fact, I said, mommy and daddy didn't exactly plan for your little brother.




Well off to church we went and as soon as we get there, my daughter says hello to some kind elderly woman, and then proceeds to blurt out 'My baby brother was an accident!'




I was kind of mortified.

It's true though. Micah and I were perfectly content with our two children; we sold all of our baby supplies, the crib, the stroller, and I looked forward to never waking up in the middle of the night again with a crying newborn. Again.

A running action shot. :)




But the good Lord had a different plan for us, and on September 3, 2009, we welcomed our little man.



He is the sweetest little man I have ever met, and I could not imagine my life without him. I was very concerned, however, because he didn't mutter a word for the first two years of his life. We took him to the doctor to find out what was causing his speech delay, and she checked him for everything under the sun. Her diagnosis?



He's such an easy going child, he doesn't feel the need to talk. He goes with the flow and never pitches a fit, so he's just never felt the need to communicate his troubles.



Today after church, we had a little birthday for him with my mom and stepdad. Yesterday we went to a football game and then after Micah took him and our oldest son fishing, and tomorrow we'll have a neighborhood picnic and enjoy cupcakes on behalf of his birthday too. We had planned on camping this weekend, but the storms have put a bit of damper on that, but all in all, I'd say he's had a pretty good birthday weekend.



He was even gifted a shield to defend himself in case any more golf clubs come swinging his way. :)



Happy Birthday little man, I love you so much it hurts.

~ Sarah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?