Monday, September 10, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I'm thankful that tonight I actually posted this 'Thankful Tuesday" post a day early instead of at the very last minute before the clock strikes midnight on the night of.

I'm thankful for my friend Evelyn, who was able to keep her cool this morning in a situation where I wouldn't have been able to.

Photo credit: Brian Tinsman


I'm thankful the Redskins won yesterday, and that their season looks promising with the addition of RGIII. I'm honestly not sure I could handle another losing season while being married to my huth-band, a die hard skins fan. :)




I'm thankful that fall is just around the corner, and the weather has been much cooler. I even had to pull out a sweashirt this morning! And we had a bonfire tonight after football. Woot woot.



Because I'm so ready for fall, I whipped up my favorite sweet potato casserole as a side to a roasted chicken tonight. Well, I call it a side, but it might as well be a dessert. There's enough sugar and pecans and cinnamon and vanilla to be catergorized as an after-dinner sweet.

But oh my it's heavenly.

Mostly tonight, I'm thankful for the men and women who serve our country. Be it through the military, the police force, or as firefighters. On this eve of 9/11, it's hard not to be thankful for them, and we will never forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now tell me, what'd ya think?